Recruiters LOVE LinkedIn and will approach high-quality candidates for full-time, part-time, and freelance ID jobs.
Here are 6 steps you can take TODAY to update your LinkedIn profile and attract ID job recruiters and hiring managers to your profile!
1. Write attention-grabbing Headline, Intro, & About sections. Clearly demonstrate the value that you bring to a job, even if you are just starting in instructional design. Make it clear if you are open to remote or work from home positions. Draw on any experience you have in education, training, graphic design, and/or project management. If applicable, include keywords such as instructional designer, corporate trainer, eLearning developer, online educator, technology, etc.
2. Include a professional photo: People like to connect a name and a face. Recruiters and potential clients are more likely to skip profiles that don’t include a photo.
3. Use #OpentoWork: If you’re looking for a job, edit your job preferences and let recruiters (and your network on LinkedIn) know you’re open to new job opportunities, especially remote or work from home positions. To opt-in, search the #OpentoWork feature on LinkedIn.
4. Tailor your professional experience. Include past positions and bulleted lists of responsibilities and accomplishments. Again, include any experience in teaching, training, curriculum design, e-learning, and technology.
5. Request recommendations and endorsements. Social proof goes a long way in giving employers a clearer picture of who you are and the experience you possess.
6. Check grammar and spelling. Avoid a negative first impression. Don't make recruiters doubt your skills!
Polishing your LinkedIn profile is well worth the time and effort. If you're just starting out in instructional design, changing careers, or looking for a promotion, help your profile stand out by maximizing all LinkedIn has to offer.
For more career tips on making the switch to instructional design, sign up for news and course information from ID Career Academy here: https://idrockstar.com/.
Thank you for subscribing!
Have a great day!